Receive the best money saving deals in Myrtle Beach!
The summertime is meant for getting wet and wild in the water, and there's no better place to do so than Myrtle Beach, South Carolina. In addition to the Atlantic Ocean serving as nature's version of the ultimate water park, the Grand Strand also has several aquatic facilities where you and your crew can slip, slide and splash on a hot summer afternoon.
For families looking to beat the heat and have a splashing good time, Myrtle Beach's water parks offer something for all ages — from the speedy waterslides and flumes for the more adventurous types to the wave pools and kiddie pools for older and younger visitors. In fact, guests at Long Bay Resort don't even have to leave the property to experience all the thrills and chills of a real water park — there’s one right on the resort premises. But for those looking for a sampling of wet and wild adventures on the Grand Strand, here are the top water-park hot spots where you can cool off in Myrtle Beach:
* Myrtle Waves: South Carolina's largest water park offers the most attractions and fun for the whole family, especially if you have little ones. While the older kids (and adults who are young at heart) can take turns zipping down the waterslides and speed flumes and testing their surfing skills on the new Tsunami surf simulator, the youngsters can get into the action at the Saturation Station aquatic playground — a splash pad designed with the little ones in mind — and the adults can relax in the lazy river or the wave pool. Myrtle Waves' most popular attractions include the Arooba Tooba, Night Flight, Riptide Rockets, Snake Mountain, Super Chute, Thunderbolt Speed Slides and Turbo Twisters.
* Shark Wake Park/Aqua Park: If you have had your fill of the concrete jungle water parks, check out this new and natural setting at the North Myrtle Beach Park and Sports Complex. Located on a 50-acre lake in the heart of the facility, the Shark Wake Park offers cable-powered water-skiing and wakeboarding for newcomers and experienced pros. For those who prefer to play with no strings attached, the new Aqua Park features a series of floating inflatables where you can bounce on the water, climb on the obstacles and dive off into the lake for an enjoyable day on the water.
* Splashes Oceanfront Water Park: Located in the heart of downtown Myrtle Beach, this beachside water park has waterslides and other aquatic attractions overlooking the Atlantic Ocean — making it the only water park on the Grand Strand with an unobstructed view of the beach. As a part of the Family Kingdom property, Splashes provides good, clean fun in the water while the amusement park, go-kart tracks and other attractions are located directly across the street. In fact, guests can purchase a combo pass for full use of the water park by day and unlimited rides at the amusement park all night at a discounted rate.
* Wild Water & Wheels: This Surfside Beach facility is like four parks in one. The water park offers a nice selection of waterslides, speed chutes, a wave pool and a lazy river, while the go-kart tracks provide high-speed thrills on asphalt. But Wild Water & Wheels also boasts a bumper boat ride, an arcade, mini-golf and more. The Live After Five Fridays feature discounted admission after 5 p.m., with live music and DJ performances poolside.
* Long Bay Resort: Guests can enjoy the thrills of visiting a water park without leaving the premises at Long Bay Resort, which features indoor and outdoor pool decks on the oceanfront, as well as a waterslide and splash pad on the north side of the building. The outdoor pool deck offers a large pool, hot tub and tanning lawn, while the indoor section boasts pools, hot tubs, a lazy river, a sauna and kiddie pools. The Silly Sub Water Park is perfect for the little ones to play, and the three-story waterslide provides a safe but fun way to make a big splash at Long Bay.
Make your trip to Myrtle Beach complete with a trip to a local water park, or simply stay and play at Long Bay Resort for the ultimate on-site water park experience. You and your crew are sure to have a blast getting wet and wild on the Grand Strand.