The Guest Service Agent is responsible for checking-in and checking-out guests and responding to inquiries and issues in an efficient, courteous and professional manner to achieve high levels of guest satisfaction. Follows all policies and procedures while executing job duties.
- Greet and interact with guests in a genuine, friendly, and professional manner.
- Block guest rooms and process guest registration and room assignments, accommodating special requests whenever possible. Process guest check-outs.
- Process accurate transactions, including but not limited to cash and credit card payments.
- Conduct call-backs to inquire about guests’ experiences.
- Resolve guest complaints; assist guests in all inquiries in connection with the resort services, in-house events, directions, local attractions, check cashing, safety deposit boxes, etc.
- Submit housekeeping and maintenance work order request forms.
- Verify registration cards against computer to ensure accuracy of name, form of payment, and other pertinent information.
- Inventory guest room keys according to policy and request rekeying as necessary.
- Assist with responsibilities and duties in the absence or heavy volume in other front office areas.
- Maintain clean and organized work area.
- Reports any unsafe work condition to the Front Office Manager.
- Other duties, as assigned by the Front Office Manager.
- Previous customer service experience preferred.
- Working knowledge of property management systems; IQWare knowledge and experience preferred.
- Proficiency with computers and general office PC applications (i.e. word processing and spreadsheets).
- Proven job reliability.
- Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality business, team members may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the resort.
Education and Formal Training
High school diploma or GED preferred.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer of all qualified individuals, including minorities, women, veterans & individuals with disabilities. We participate in E-Verify