The Cook is responsible for cooking, prepping and cleaning in a high-volume restaurant, as well as, maintaining an organized work area in compliance with all health code standards. This position contributes to the overall guest satisfaction by preparing and serving high-quality food products while adhering to standards for storage and usage.
- Ensures products are stocked as needed
- Maintains cleanliness of kitchen area; prepare products in accordance with proper sanitation and food handling
- Disposes of trash, recycle and cardboard products on a daily basis
- Communicates effectively with customers, co-workers, and supervisors
- Prepares and properly garnishes all food orders in the order they are received in accordance with menu specifications set forth by management
- Maintain portion control and rotation of product when preparing
- Label all products of prepped items and rotate product to eliminate waste
- Check all coolers and storage areas for cleanliness, quantity, and quality of food products
- Maintain cleanliness and stocking coolers and storage areas, stock items as needed
- Requisition food with necessary approvals according to policy
- Take care of all equipment needed to perform job duties, report any issues immediately to supervisor
- Minimizes safety hazards by following all safety rules and procedures
- Perform all duties and responsibilities in a timely and efficient manner in accordance with established company policies and procedures
- Additional duties as assigned by supervisor and/or manager
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Job Qualifications
- Applicants must have prior kitchen experience in a high volume atmosphere, reliable transportation, and a flexible schedule to include weekends and holidays.
We are an equal opportunity employer of all qualified individuals, including minorities, women, veterans & individuals with disabilities. We participate in E-Verify.