It’s a seemingly constant struggle for recreational travelers. No matter where you go or how much you prepare, you always seem to discover (after arrival, of course) that you forgot to pack something — and the omission usually comes to light when the unpacked item is needed most. This can be an especially troublesome trend during a trip to the Myrtle Beach area, where a long list of beach-specific items can definitely come in handy.
To help you pack for your trip to Long Bay Resort on the Myrtle Beach oceanfront, we’ve put together this list of 15 must-haves for a perfect day spent relaxing and having fun in our coastal sands:
- Swimsuits — These are at the top of the must-haves list for a trip to Long Bay Resort, where 720 feet of beautiful Atlantic Ocean beachfront beckon from right out the back door. Further adding to the wet and wild fun (and the need to bring your swimsuit), the resort is home to multiple outdoor pools, an array of hot tubs, an indoor/outdoor pool deck, a lazy river, the Silly Sub Water Park and more. Check out all the water attractions (and more) on our amenities page.
- Sunscreen — If you’re planning to spend time in the sun, you’ll definitely want to protect your skin. So bring some sunscreen along, and be sure to slather up before you hit the beach.
- Sunglasses — The sun shines bright on our beaches, so you won’t want to forget your shades to keep the rays out of your eyes.
- Cap or beach hat — As noted above, we get a good bit of sunshine in the Myrtle Beach area, and a cap or hat can often come in handy for providing a bit of personal shade.
- Beach umbrella — Of course, you can never have too much shade when spending a day relaxing on the beach, so an umbrella is always a welcome addition. Just be sure to know the rules — which in Myrtle Beach during peak periods allow for umbrellas up to 7.5 feet in diameter.
- Portable cooler — With all that fun to be had on the beach, you and your vacation crew are likely to work up a thirst — and, of course, cold drinks are the most refreshing in the hot sun. The cooler is also a great place to stash away some snacks — or even a picnic lunch — for when hunger strikes.
- Portable Bluetooth speaker — Especially if you’re planning to spend long stretches of your getaway relaxing on the beach or kicking back in the sun loungers found on Long Bay Resort’s extended outdoor pool deck, there are few better ways to set the mood than with your favorite tunes by your side.
- Flip-flops or sandals — If you’re going to be walking along the shoreline, one of these is the clear footwear of choice, as they allow for easy on and off, plus simple shoe-sand removal.
- Beach towels — You’re going to need to dry off after taking a dip in the water, and a larger beach towel serves a secondary ground-cover role when you’re looking to stretch out on the sands.
- Beach blanket — While the aforementioned beach towels can serve the same ground-cover purpose, having a dedicated beach blanket along comes in handy when the towels get wet. And as an added bonus, the blankets tend to offer a bit more square footage for really stretching out on the shoreline.
- Beach chairs — In case you don’t want to spend all your lounging time lying vertical in the sands, bring along a beach chair so you can kick back in an upright position.
- Water bottle — It’s important to stay hydrated, especially when spending time in the hot sun, so don’t forget to bring a water bottle along.
- Good book — Nothing says relaxation on the beach quite like diving into a great read. Bring along your favorite, and escape into your story of choice during a day in the sands or by the oceanfront pool.
- Beach game — Add to the fun in the sand with a fun beach game like Frisbee, bocce or even the Grand Strand’s own signature game Myrtle Ball.
- Beach bag — With all of this stuff in tow, you’re going to need something to carry it all. Make sure that your bag of choice is big enough to haul it all.
After a day of exploring the Grand Strand — with all the necessities in hand — head back to the comfortable oceanfront accommodations and wide-ranging amenities at Long Bay Resort to rest up for more Myrtle Beach area fun. Book your Long Bay vacation today — and get ready to pack in some fun on the Carolina coast!